Joint Message from the CEO and Chairperson
The Louth Leader Partnership’s core objectives relate to promoting social inclusion, supporting and encouraging economic development in County Louth.
We do this through management and delivery of publicly funded programmes which include:
- Through the County Louth Local Community Development Committee Louth Leader Partnership is the Implementing Partner for the Rural Development Programme, delivering on the Local Development Strategy 2016-2020 and the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme 2014- 2017
- The Rural Development Programme promotes social inclusion, poverty reduction and the economic development of rural areas. LEADER is based on a bottom up approach to rural development whereby rural communities and people identify their own needs and propose solutions.
- SICAP is a national social inclusion programme, it’s aims are to tackle poverty, social exclusion and long-term unemployment through local engagement and partnership between disadvantaged individuals, community organisations and public sector agencies.
- Through the Department of Social Protection Louth Leader Partnership delivers a range of active labour market, income support and employment services throughout the County which promote labour market integration and support to local communities.
- The Local Employment Service in Dundalk and Drogheda work with unemployed individuals to support them back into training and employment as part of the National Public Employment Service.
- The Jobs Club supports job ready clients with a C.V., Job search and interview skills
- The Rural Social Scheme supports low income farmers who in turn provide support services which benefit rural communities
- The Tús initiative is a community work placement scheme providing short term work opportunities for unemployed individuals.
Through the Department of Children and Youth Affairs Louth Leader Partnership is the lead partner in the delivery of the ABC Child Poverty Programme
- The Genesis programme is a consortium of over fifty Partner Organisation delivering the Incredible Years ® suite of programme and other evidence-informed interventions to children, families and communities throughout the County.
We wish to acknowledge the contribution of our voluntary Board and its sub-committee members and the staff of Louth Leader Partnership.
Frank O'Brien Chairperson Ciaran Reid CEO