Community work placement initiative
This programme is funded by:
Open Call for Expressions of Interest from Community and Voluntary Organisations for Work Placements on Tús
Louth Leader Partnership, being the designated Implementing Body for the Tús – Community Work Placement Programme in County Louth, is inviting expressions of interest from Community and Voluntary Groups who may be interested in providing work placements opportunities for a 12 month period for eligible candidates under Tús.
Implementing Bodies will play the lead-role in identifying organisations to provide placement opportunities. Those organisations eligible to participate shall be:
- Community, voluntary and not-for-profit in nature; and
- Have a recognised informal (parish/community, trade sporting, cultural or association) or formal/legal structure (a company limited by gaurantee, not-for-profit co-operative or friendly society where profits or surpluses are not distributed to members); and
- Demonstrate a track record of working with a providing services to and within their communities; and
- Demonstrate a capability of managing a participant in a placement with the supervisory support of the implementing Body.
In general, all works and services undertake or delivered by the community and voluntary sectors for the benefit of the general community or specific sectors can be considered eligible. Selected work opportunities will fall within, and will not be restricted, to the following broad categories of work:
Environmental Services, to include
- Energy conservation work in low income homes and community buildings
- Renovation of community and sporting facilities
- Development, regeneration and enhacement of community spaces, gardens, parks leisure areas, including sport grounds and school grounds where services are not otherwise provided
- Neighbourhood, village and countryside enhancement, including clean-up
- Recycling and repair of equipment, including furniture, tools, bicycles, and IT items.
Caring services, to include
- Social Care for all persons with such needs
- Personal aide to any person with particular needs due to ill-health, limited or restricted mobility
- Services for children in Créches and childcare settings
- Preparation and delivery of meals for older people or those with limited income
- Visitation, friendly call and befriending programmes for older peopel, those with mental health needs and those confined to home.
General community services, to include
- Caretaking, securing, supervising of community buildings and spaces
- Administration, web design, social media, reception, production of newsletters
- Community research and evaluation, including genealogy
- Event management, promotion and administration
- Retail services in charity or community settings
- Promotion and support for volunteering.
Heritage and cultural services, to include
- Promotion of the Irish language and cultural activities
- Development and maintenance of walking, cycling and leisure trails
- Administration, marketing and promotion of local heritage sites and events
- Staffing of cultural, tourisim and heritage centres.
Para-educational services, to include
- Services for children in créches and childcare settings
- Early years and after-school supports for children and young people
- Literacy, numeracy and related supports for adults and children or those with limited command of the English or Irish languages
- Assistance with recreational opporunities for adults/young people including coaching, training, art/music classes
- Actions to develop or support the school completion programme and related initiatives.
For more info on this programme please contact