Working to build Community and Enterprise in Louth
Louth LEADER Partnership will promote, assist and engage in social development and enterprise development to facilitate rural and urban regeneration and community development designed to benefit and promote the welfare of local communities to deal with the causes and consequences of social and economic disadvantage or poverty.
Louth Leader Partnership
Louth LEADER Partnership is a Local Development Company funded by the Irish Government and charged with the delivery of a range of programmes whose aim is to support specific target groups with a view to making a positive difference in their lives.
The company was set up in January 2009 as part of the process of restructuring of the local development sector nationally. The process, referred to as cohesion, was aimed at merging the activities of Area Partnership and LEADER companies under one Local Development Company at county level.
The main purpose of Louth LEADER Partnership is to promote support both the urban and rural communities, promote social inclusion, support enterprise development and employment creation, facilitate access to education, training and lifelong learning and assist community groups in identifying needs and developing local solutions.
Main programmeTwo of the main programmes which are delivered by Louth LEADER Partnership are the Social Inclusion Community & Activation Programme 2018-2022 and the Rural Development Programme (LEADER). They both have an important role in developing innovative responses to local problems, and in building local capabilities to address local needs and develop local resources and services.
The main objective of the new Integrated Development Companies as outlined by the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government is: to promote, support, assist and engage in
(a) social development
(b) enterprise development to facilitate rural regeneration
(c) community development, designed to benefit and promote the welfare of local communities or to deal with the causes and consequences of social and economic disadvantage or poverty.
Louth LEADER Partnership currently has over 62 staff employed within Louth Leader Partnership across a range of programme activities
Meet the team
CEO & Chairperson
The Louth LEADER Partnership’s core objectives relate to promoting social inclusion, supporting and encouraging economic development in County Louth.
We do this through management and delivery of publicly funded programmes which include:
- Through the County Louth Local Community Development Committee Louth LEADER Partnership is the Implementing Partner for the Rural Development Programme, delivering on the Local Development Strategy 2016-2020 and the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme 2018-2022.
- The Rural Development Programme promotes social inclusion, poverty reduction and the economic development of rural areas. LEADER is based on a bottom up approach to rural development whereby rural communities and people identify their own needs and propose solutions.
- SICAP is a national social inclusion programme, it’s aims are to tackle poverty, social exclusion and long-term unemployment through local engagement and partnership between disadvantaged individuals, community organisations and public sector agencies.
- Through the Department of Social Protection Louth LEADER Partnership delivers a range of active labour market, income support and employment services throughout the County which promote labour market integration and support to local communities.
- The Local Employment Service in Dundalk and Drogheda work with unemployed individuals to support them back into training and employment as part of the National Public Employment Service.
- The Jobs Club supports job ready clients with a C.V., Job search and interview skills
- The Rural Social Scheme supports low income farmers who in turn provide support services which benefit rural communities
- The Tús initiative is a community work placement scheme providing short term work opportunities for unemployed individuals.
Through the Department of Children and Youth Affairs Louth LEADER Partnership is the lead partner in the delivery of the ABC Child Poverty Programme
- The Genesis programme is a consortium of over fifty Partner Organisation delivering the Incredible Years ® suite of programme and other evidence-informed interventions to children, families and communities throughout the County.
We wish to acknowledge the contribution of our voluntary Board and its sub-committee members and the staff of Louth LEADER Partnership.
Frank O’Brien Chairperson
Ciaran Reid CEO