Louth Local Development
The Board of Louth Local Development invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following Post:
Our Mission: Louth Local Development will promote, assist and engage in social development and enterprise development to facilitate rural and urban regeneration and community development designed to benefit and promote the welfare of local communities to deal with the causes and consequences of social and economic disadvantage.
|Location||Navan, Co Louth|
|Reporting to||Intreo Partner Employment Service Assistant Manager|
|Salary||Point 1 €28,181 14 point scale, placed on scale depending on experience|
|Note:||This is a full-time post and not open to job share|
- Role Purpose – The Clerical Officer is required to work as part of a staff team and support Case Officers and Management in implementing objectives and actions set out in our contract with the Department of Social Protection and Louth Local Development’s Annual Programme of Work. The Clerical Officer will maintain office services by organising operations and procedures, controlling correspondence and monitoring all clerical functions.
|2. Duties of the Role – The Clerical officer will be the first point of contact for clients and other visitors to the service. The suitable candidate will play a vital role within a cohesive team and provide all aspects of administrative support to Case Officers and Management and contribute to a positive client experience.|
|General Duties & Responsibilities||
· Direct office activities and functions to maintain efficiency and compliance with company policies.
|Digital Platforms||· Responsibility for overseeing company social media outlets.
· Check all messages through online platforms and responding in a timely manner.
· Regular posts to client group alerting them to local jobs, recruitment events, local training initiatives and other suitable community events.
|Employer Engagement||· Build up a good working relationship with local employers and the business community and support the development of a database of employer contacts.
· Work with the wider Intreo Partner Employment Service team to identify employment opportunities for our clients.
· Participate and attend employer and PR events as required.
· Use social media platforms such as Facebook and LinkedIn to identify employment opportunities for clients
|Reporting||· To work towards and reach set objectives and targets
|Knowledge and Expertise: The Office Administrator should be able to evidence at least 3 years’ experience within a similar role.
|Skills and Attributes||Essential||Desirable|
|Skills||· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
· Basic understanding of how to operate standard business equipment.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
|Knowledge of the Irish welfare system|
|Competencies||· Flexible with the ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment
· Able to work in a self-directed manner
· Fair, impartial and open to new ideas and information
· In possession of excellent written and oral communication skills
· Competence in effectively using the Microsoft suite of applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook).
|Previous experience in this sector, dealing with disadvantaged/unemployed clients, and being aware of the options available to them|
|Expertise||· Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a relevant professional field
· Experience of working within a fast-paced office environment
· Experience of working with clients or members of the public in a face to face setting
|Recognised qualification in office administration or associated field.|
· Interviews will be held on Tuesday 11th October 2022
· You will be advised of the outcome of your application in writing
This post is funded by the Department of Social Protection under the Intreo Partner Employment Service